Infant Program (4 weeks – 15 months)
The Infant program at The Magical Years is a year round, full day program. Ratios are kept very low in this program, which allow our teachers to provide one on one time with each child. Our program is based on the philosophy that allow our children to grow and develop at their own pace. We help raise children to be confident, aware, focused, cooperative and resourceful. This philosophy is firmly based on respect and individuality.
View Program Details
- A crib is provided for every infant in the program.
- Our teachers sit on the floor with the children to encourage and facilitate interaction eye to eye.
- Infants are allowed free range of motion in our program.
- The classroom is designed to allow children to explore and discover at their own pace
- Infants participate in music activities in addition to their classroom activities.
- Daily use of our well planned, interesting and developmentally-appropriate playground.
- Daily walks (weather-permitting).
Toddler Program (15 months – 2.9 years)
The Toddler program at The Magical Years is a year round program with the option to bring your child 2 to 5 days per week. Child to teacher ratios are low to provide for optimal social interaction, while allowing the teachers one on one time with each child.
Toddlers come in all shapes and sizes! Some are a bit wobbly on two legs and are just beginning to explore the world from an upright position. Others have mastered walking and are now use running as their main source of transporting themselves all around the room. Some children are a bit more sophisticated as they approach three years old and they are focusing on language and chatter all day long.
Our Toddler program is based on the philosophy that allows our children to grow and develop at their own pace. We help raise children to be confident, aware, focused, cooperative and resourceful. This philosophy is firmly based on respect and individuality.
View Program Details
- Classroom activities designed to encourage language development and socialization.
- Large and small muscle activities are planned within a safe and warm environment where children can “practice” being independent.
- Children participate in toilet training and other self-help skills as part of the daily program.
- Activities include drawing, ‘reading, music, movement and joyful dancing.
- Flexible schedules – choose 2, 3, 4 or 5 days a week to attend.
- Daily use of our well-planned, exciting and developmentally-appropriate infant/toddler playground.
Full Day Preschool Program (2.9-5 Years)
Our full day preschool program is designed primarily for working parents who want their child to have an outstanding preschool program spread across an entire day. You may choose from 2, 3, 4 or 5 days per week. Our all day program follows the same curriculum as our half day preschool where we work on the skills that are appropriate for the age of your child. We help the children prepare for Kindergarten if they are age appropriate. We work on the same social emotional skills, pre-reading and math skills as we do in our half day pre-school program. Because the children are with us all day, it gives us more of an opportunity to help any child who needs any extra attention after their morning activities.
Half Day Preschool Program (2.9-5 Years)
The Magical Years offers a school-year based program (September through June) that is designed to provide three and four-year-old children with fun, enriching, developmentally appropriate skills and concept-building experiences. This is a comprehensive 10-month program that encourages higher level thinking skills for intellectual pursuit and fosters emotional, social, and physical development while boosting a child’s self-esteem. These are pre-kindergarten programs where we concentrate on preparing the children for kindergarten. The children are taught how to write their names, work on their letters, sounds and participate in hands-on art activities and music daily. They also work on developing independence and listening skills. We also work on pre-reading and math skills each day.
View Program Details
- A part-time program designed to give children the opportunity to socialize with their peers in a more structured environment.
- Geared toward helping a child develop habits of observation, inquiry, listening, and an awareness of his/her feelings.
- Designed so children learn to make choices and gather meaning from the world as a basis for strong conceptual development.
- Program prepares children to utilize their intellectual and creative abilities in future learning tasks.
- Children participate in center-based activities that involve music, art, dramatic play, nature, cooking, etc. which enables children to develop at their own pace.
- Daily use of our well-planned, interesting and developmentally-appropriate playground for pre-school 3 & 4 year olds.
- Appropriate schedules to accommodate children who are beginning to expand their time away from home.
- Flexible schedule – Choose 2, 3, 4, or 5 days a week to attend.
- Wilson Fundations Pre-K program integrated into all our preschool programs.
Before & After School Program (Ages 5 – 8)
The Magical Years Before & After School Program provides the perfect combination of recreational and educational activities for a well balanced out-of-school experience. Children end each day excited about the broad range of engaging, hands-on activities that allow them to develop their interests and skills, as well as having the opportunity to spend time on homework so that they can spend more quality time at home.
View Program Details
- Physical Activity Time – Children play on our playground or, if the weather is uncooperative, enjoy games or songs. It’s time spent giving their bodies what they need, while connecting with friends to talk about their day at school.
- Group Meeting Time – The children gather together to foster a sense of community. Each child shares a positive experience from their day, which gives our teachers the opportunity to get to know your child, respond to their varying needs and adapt the program to fit their interests.
- Homework/Quiet Time – Provides 30 minutes for homework completion. If your child does not have homework they may participate in a constructive, quiet activity, such as leisure reading, puzzle construction, or completion of an art inspired activity.
- Project Time – Children break up into workshop areas where they collaborate on various long-term projects.
- Literature Circle Time – Invites children to share their ideas about the literature being read.
Summer Program Program (July and August)
Each week during our summer program we have fun filled themes, activities, field trips and special guests to make our Summer Program Fantastic! This program is open to all full time and part-time families enrolled in our program during the year. This program is also open to families who want to keep their child busy during the summer! Families are required to pay a summer camp fee. More information can be obtained by contacting the Center. Families enrolled will receive a summer camp packet in the spring.